Who We Are
RPM Capital Management, LLC (RPM) is a privately owned registered investment advisor. RPM specializes in the analysis, acquisition, and management of high yield, tax advantaged securities. Our experience, strategy, and methodology allow us to provide our clients with higher yielding securities with the goal of substantially minimizing the risk associated with the ownership of such securities. We are a conservative, income-oriented, long-only manager. We believe in the compounding of income to preserve and create wealth.
- Combined industry experience of more than 75 years across portfolio management, accounting, legal, client service, and investment banking
- Phil Matthews, MBA — Founder & Co-CEO of RPM Capital Management. Philip has over 30 years of experience in the institutional sales and client service fields and was the 9th partner and former Co-Head of the Account Management Group for U.S. Pensions and Endowment Group at BlackRock.
- Michele Newland, JD — Founder, Co-CEO, & Chief Investment Officer at RPM Capital Management. Prior to assuming her roles as Co-CEO and CIO of RPM, Michele left the private practice of law in the areas of health law, municipal finance, and regulatory compliance to join Greenwich Investment Management where she acted as Managing Director of Fixed Income Investments and concurrently served as due diligence counsel for fixed income transactions.
- Ashleigh Swayze, JD — Chief Compliance Officer & Chief Operating Officer - Ashleigh began her career as outside counsel to registered investment advisers, assisting them in their legal, business development and compliance efforts. Ms. Swayze is the former COO and CCO of Gleacher Partners LLC, an investment firm in New York, with investment banking, private funds, distressed debt and asset management functions. She also designed and lead the operational due diligence efforts of the firm, as well as acted as director of investment research for the firm's fund of funds group. Ashleigh has reviewed hundreds of managers, giving her unique insight into the concerns of institutional and ultra-high net worth investors.
- Eric Young — As Vice President at RPM Capital Management, Mr. Young brings over 9 years of fixed income and equity trading experience. His past experience includes positions at Citigroup Asset Management and Chandler Asset Management, where he most recently held the position of Assistant Portfolio Manager of Fixed Income. Eric is currently a Level II CFA candidate.